Cloverdale Commercial Cannabis Ordinance
On September 26, 2017, the Cloverdale City Council Adopted Ordinance No. 715-2017, an Ordinance of the City of Cloverdale Amending Title 18, "Zoning," of the Cloverdale Municipal Code, Adding Chapter 18.15, "Cannabis," to allow and regulate commercial cannabis uses and regulating the personal cultivation of medical and nonmedical cannabis.
Commercial Cannabis Permit Fee Schedule
The City of Cloverdale held a public hearing on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, to take public input regarding the proposed establishment of commercial cannabis permit and related application fees for the City of Cloverdale. The Council adopted Resolution No. 074-2017 establishing the Cannabis Permit Fee Schedule (PDF).
Commercial Cannabis Permit Applications & Background Check Forms
The City of Cloverdale requires a Background Check Application Form (PDF) accompany every permit application.
The City of Cloverdale will be issuing Commercial Cannabis Permits for Manufacturing, Testing, Distribution, delivery (non-storefront), and Microbusinesses (without dispensary) in appropriately zoned property within the City of Cloverdale. View the Commercial Cannabis Manufacturing Permit Application (PDF).
The City of Cloverdale will be issuing Commercial Cannabis Permits for Commercial Cannabis Cultivation in appropriately zoned property within the City of Cloverdale. View the Commercial Cultivation Permit Application (PDF).
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Retail Cannabis Dispensary Permit
Note: The city is not accepting dispensary proposals at this time.
On November 14, 2017, the Cloverdale City Council approved a comprehensive and detailed RFP, which requests proposals from qualified person(s) or proposer team(s) who wish to be considered for issuance of a retail cannabis dispensary permit from the city. The RFP identifies the following proposal requirements for cannabis dispensaries:
- The proposal process will result in the issuance of a maximum of two retail cannabis dispensary permits within the city (state license Type 10 or 12)
- The proposed dispensary shall be located only in the City's industrial and commercial zoning districts; cannot be within 600 feet of a school or childcare facility; or within 200 feet of any park, library, or youth center; and cannot be within 100 feet of a residential zoning district
- Strict operating, security, recordkeeping, and signage regulations as set forth in the Cannabis ordinance;
- Payment of applicable application fees
- Compliance with all state laws and regulations
- Obtaining a City business license
- Additional conditions of approval that may be imposed by the City Manager or City Council to ensure the operator remains compliant with all state and local laws and reduce any negative impacts
For all proposers that successfully complete the background check, a sealed Statement of Proposal package must be received by the City of Cloverdale on or before Thursday, January 15, 2018, at 5 pm.
Measure P - Cannabis Business Tax
On October 24, 2017, the City Council of the City of Cloverdale approved Resolution #076-2017 Implementing the Cannabis Business Tax Rate (PDF) of 4.5% of the Gross Receipts of All Engaged in Cannabis Business in the City.
To register for a Cannabis Business Tax Certificate please fill out, sign and return the Cannabis Business Tax Registration Form (PDF).
Beginning October 1, 2018, please report business tax and payments using the Cannabis Business Tax Payment Schedule - 2018 (PDF) and the Cannabis Business Tax Remittance Form (PDF).